Cooling Tower Institute
In 1950, CTI was formed by seven charter members. The organization was headquartered in Basking Ridge, NJ. The members were Fluor Corp (Los Angeles, CA), Foster Wheeler Corp (NY, NY), Hudson Engineering Corp (Houston, TX), Lillie-Hoffman Cooling Towers (St. Louis, MO), The Marley Company (Kansas City, KS), J.F. Pritchard & Co (Kansas City, MO) and C.H. Wheeler Manufacturing Co (Philadelphia, PA). CTI also began as a trade association for the purpose of industry betterment and the establishment of industry standards.